Back to jobs listings
Public Affairs Manager - UK
Corporate - London - Full-time
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is now part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing
platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
- Drivy has evolve in the past two years from a purely P2P platform to the leading connected cars Marketplace in Europe’s largest cities, including professional fleets who want to launch a new line of business or generate additional revenue.
- As Public Affairs Manager for the UK, your core mission is to unlock parking opportunities with local boroughs and city councils, to offer scalable and affordable parking solutions to our professional fleet owners. To achieve this goal you will engage also to strategic stakeholders such as TfL, TfGM, Department of Transport, the Mayor’s office…
What you’ll work on:
- City development - 70% of your time
- Mobility regulation - 20% of your time:
- Sharing economy and platform regulation - 5% of your time
- Thought leadership - 5% of your time
- Define and deploy Drivy’s local outreach program to increase our brand awareness within the public sector and build a strong network of allies among our local stakeholders in our existing and upcoming key cities.
- Unlock parking opportunities in the boroughs where our service is available by dealing new partnerships or applying to tenders that would contribute securing premium public parking solutions at an affordable price for Drivy and its pro owners
- Secure our right to operate in our existing and future key cities across the UK.
- Educate our national and local stakeholders on the economic and environmental impact of roundtrip carsharing to position Drivy not only as an efficient mobility solution but also as one that contributes fighting against pollution and congestion.
- Support Drivy’s interests by actively participating in the discussions or calls for evidence initiated by the government, lawmakers or think tanks on mobility regulations, especially in the fields of shared mobility, MaaS, or electric mobility.
- Represent Drivy in the federations we’re part of - such as Sharing Economy UK or Como UK - and make sure we earn our share of voice there.
- Contribute to the upcoming discussions on marketplace users taxation to secure a fair, clear tax and social framework for our private owners.
- Assess the impact of upcoming laws on platforms like Drivy, develop relevant contributions and deploy efficient outreach programs to contribute building a fair regulatory framework that would help foster Drivy’s growth in the UK.
- Share the company’s vision on the future of carsharing and/or mobility with our main political audiences by securing opportunities to contribute to research studies, think tank papers, or public policy conferences.
Who you'll work with
- You will report directly to Katy, our UK Country Manager and work in close coordination with Sviat, our Head of Public Policy and Corporate Comms for Europe
- Working closely with Sabrina our UK PR manager and our future UK Business Development Manager
- Working alongside with Legal, Communications, Marketing, Business Development and the international public affairs team
What you'll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in a law or lobbying-related subject.
- 5 years experience in a PA agency or in-house, with at least one recent experience in the mobility sector.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills are required.
- Passionate about the upcoming changes in the mobility industry.
- Knowledge on navigating the complex ecosystem of London Boroughs’ local councils and administrations is a plus, so is your ability to apply to local tenders.
What we offer
- Being part of a great team of people working on the UK: 6 young people working on biz dev, account management, marketing and comms.
- Cool offices in WeWork Old Street.
- Start-up spirit, projects move forward quickly and your opinion counts.
- Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better..