Back to jobs listings
SRE / Reliability Engineer
Engineering - Paris - Full-time
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is now part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing
platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
Reliability Engineering at Drivy encompasses the disciplines of site reliability engineering, infrastructure engineering, and developer productivity. Our team ensures that Drivy’s infrastructure is able to scale massively, while also delivering resilient systems, amazing performance, and tools that have a huge impact for our entire engineering team.
What you'll work on:
You will join our growing engineering team (27 great people!) and take on many challenges, such as:
• Ensure our applications run smoothly in terms of stability, performance and monitoring.
• Write resiliency tests with Toxiproxy or other tools to implement strategies to be resilient to failure.
• Be a support for the squads: work closely with the developers to ensure they have the best possible tools to get their work done.
• Develop and enrich our growing monitoring infrastructure.
• Participate and take decisions to scale up our current stack.
• Share your knowledge through communication, documentation and talks.
• Automate (almost) everything: Infrastructure, CI, Deployment, Monitoring, and so on!
• Our vision this year is to leverage fully decoupled architectures and ultimately microservices to scale with a reliable, event-driven, auto-healing infrastructure behind the scenes.
What you'll bring to the table
• Experience with relational databases (especially MySQL).
• Familiarity with *NIX commands.
• Experience designing interfaces consumed by developers and care deeply about design, reproducibility and testability
• Experience with OO principles.
• Great communication skills, and work well within a team.
• Ability to communicate in English.
Nice to have:
• Experience with a message queue and/or a distributed log.
• Previous experience working at large scale.
• Used Heroku in production.
• Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
Note that we aren't necessarily looking for someone with specific experience in our current tech stack: you can learn here. We are however looking for someone who is willing and able to learn fast.
What we offer:
• A great engineering team with experience! A lot of us have been working with Rails since v1, some organise meetups and some even contributed.
• Recent and powerful hardware (that you get to choose)
• The peace of mind of our large test suite to stay sane and ship often
• An international team of great and passionate people
...and we think you'll also appreciate this:
• A solid engineering team with a lot of experience
• The peace of mind of a large test suite and pull requests to stay sane and ship often
• Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
• A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
• Open source projects are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate
• We'll buy any non fiction books you want to read, and you'll get access to our growing library
• Offices in Paris, San Francisco, Berlin, London, Barcelona, New York...
• Tickets restaurants, a good health insurance
• "Hack days" to experiment with new technologies and ideas as well as other team events
No need for a resume, but Linkedin, Twitter and Github usernames are appreciated!